Mould remediation

in Williams Lake

People respond differently to mould exposure. Especially people with a medical condition such as asthma, severe allergies or other respiratory conditions are vulnerable to the effects of mould. As a result of prolonged mould exposure you can experience for example eye, nose and throat irritation or/and coughing and phlegm build-up or/and wheezing and shortness of breath or/and symptoms of asthma or/and severe allergic reactions. It is very important to recognize the danger and eliminate it.

DO NOT DISTURB

Don’t start a renovation or remodel without testing first!

What is mould?

Microscopic mold spores exist naturally almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors, so removing all mold from a home or business is impossible. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:


  • Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
  • Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and they may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
  • Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. 
  • Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
  • Let your nose lead the way. Mold often produces a strong, musty odour, and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
  • Even higher than normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.

Health effects of mould

Mould (spelt mold in the United States) may adversely affect human health through three processes: 1) allergy; 2) infection; and 3) toxicity. One can estimate that about 20% of the population has allergic antibodies to fungal antigens. Only a fraction of these would be expected to show clinical illness. Allergic responses are most commonly experienced as allergic asthma or allergic rhinitis (“hay fever”) and nasal and chest congestion. A rare, but much more serious immune-related condition, hypersensitivity pneumonitis (HP), may follow exposure (usually occupational) to very high concentrations of fungal (and other microbial) proteins.

Should I be getting my house tested?

Any home or business can quickly become infested with mold with the introduction of a water source, like a roof or plumbing leak. Mold can spread throughout a property in as little as 48-72 hours, and can produce allergens and irritants that have the potential to cause other health effects.  If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, Maxjet Professionals can inspect and assess your property. If mould is found, they have the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.

LET’S TALK

If you’re worried there may be mould in your home, we’re happy to give you some advice. All you need to do is provide us with some details about your upcoming project.

+1 (250) 398-7787


Available

9:00am – 5:00pm 

FREE MOULD

CONSULTATION

We have a commitment to understanding our clients’ needs and providing cost-effective solutions safely, efficiently, and to industry leading standards. Our comprehensive hazmat consultations are always free, whether for home or office renovation.