Dry ice blasting is similar to sand blasting, plastic bead blasting, or soda blasting where a medium is accelerated in a pressurized air stream to impact a surface to be cleaned or prepared. But that’s where the similarity ends.
Instead of using hard abrasive media to grind on a surface (and damage it), dry ice blasting uses soft dry ice, accelerated at supersonic speeds, and creates mini-explosions on the surface to lift the undesirable item off the underlying substrate. If you want to read all the technical details, see the How CO2 Blasting Works page.
Dry ice blasting uses compressed air to accelerate frozen carbon dioxide (CO2) “dry ice” pellets to a high velocity. A compressed air supply of 80 PSI/50 scfm can be used in this process. Dry ice pellets can be made on-site or supplied. Pellets are made from food grade carbon dioxide that has been specifically approved by the FDA, the EPA and the USDA.Carbon dioxide is a non-poisonous, liquefied gas, which is both inexpensive and easily stored at work sites.
Dry ice blasting has many unique and superior benefits over traditional blasting media. Dry Ice Blasting is:
- is a non-abrasive, nonflammable and non-conductive cleaning method
- is environmentally-friendly and contains no secondary contaminants such as solvents or grit media
- is clean and approved for use in the food industry
- allows most items to be cleaned in place without time-consuming disassembly
- can be used without damaging active electrical or mechanical parts or creating fire hazards
- can be used to remove production residues, release agents, contaminants, paints, oils and bio-films
- can be as gentle as dusting smoke damage from books or as aggressive as removing weld slag from tooling
- can be used for many general cleaning applications
Dry Ice Blasting
Our unique cleaning system can clean almost any surface like new.
Dry Ice blasting technology uses solid CO2, a non-abrasive media that won’t damage surfaces or equipment. Dry ice blast cleaning contains no secondary by-products like solvents, water or grit making it the ideal environmentally friendly cleaning solution. The accelerated super cooled dry ice pellets or particles create mini-explosions on the surface being cleaned, lifting dirt and contaminants off the underlying substrate.
Unclogs Cooling Equipment
Fast and Efficient
Dry ice blast cleaning eliminates the need for masking and tarping other equipment, reducing equipment downtime.
Sanitize Heavy Machinery
Remove residue and buildup
Dry Ice Blasting cleans heavy industrial equipment and machinery leaves no by products like water or grit and is environmentally friendly.
Reduce Process Downtime
Cleans while machines are online
Dry Ice Blasting can clean Transformers and other Electrical Components without interrupting the electrical grid.
FREE DRY ICE BLASTING
We have a commitment to understanding our clients' needs and providing cost-effective solutions safely, efficiently, and to industry leading standards. Our comprehensive hazmat consultations are always free, whether for home or office renovation.