Did you know…
Dry Ice Blasting is Clean and Safe
- Dry ice is an approved medium by the EPA, USDA & FDA, and is non-toxic, non-hazardous and inhibits mold & bacteria growth
- Dry ice blasting has been effectively used in EPA, USDA, FDA, AIB and GFSI inspected/certified facilities
- Dry ice blasting is safe to use with food processing equipment
- Dry ice blasting does not release harmful gases into the atmosphere
- Dry ice blasting does not generate secondary waste
- Dry ice blasting is safe and non-toxic (once particles impact the surface they dissipate into the atmosphere)
- Dry ice blasting reduces or eliminates employee exposure to (and corporate liability from) the use of dangerous chemical cleaning agents
Other cleaning methods can be toxic
- Sand, soda, or water blasting can leave toxic secondary waste to be cleaned up in addition to the toxic substrate
- Sand, soda, or water blasting can create downstream contamination that effects surrounding installations
- Soda blasting can kill surrounding vegetation
- Chemical and solvent cleaning methods are toxic, which creates toxic waste to be disposed of
- Workers are exposed to potentially harmful substances through the use of chemicals and solvents
Completely Environmentally Friendly
In addition to being clean and safe, it is also important to remember that dry ice is obtained as a byproduct of other industrial processes – i.e. it is made from reclaimed CO2. It does not produce CO2 or add CO2 to the atmosphere and therefore does not contribute to the greenhouse effect.
Dry ice blasting is truly, and completely, environmentally friendly!
Contact Maxjet Dry Ice Blasting today to find out more!